Saturday, January 1, 2011

Instant Art

I found an awesome blog for FREE graphics. Its called The Graphics Fairy. She has thousands of images you can print off right at home. I was looking for some "instant art" and decided on sea shells. They were going to go next to a beautiful print I have of an old boat and I thought shells would go nicely.
I printed off several different shells. I had these three frames already. They came from Target, think I paid $5.99 each for the 8 x 10 frames.

I really liked this graphic of several sea shells but it wasn't quite an 8 x 10 size so I backed it with some pretty scrap book paper.

Here is the smaller one framed up with the scrap book paper backing.


Here is the wall space between the U.G.L.Y. tv and the boat print I have. It just needed alittle something more.....

Framed up and hanging. Beautiful, simple and cheap. Plus the graphics were FREE! (That is my favorite four letter word.)
Think the entire project took 15 minutes. The longest part being the choosing of which graphics I wanted. If you haven't had the chance to check out her blog....you should do so now....cute FREE graphics. Run!
thegraphicsfairy.blogspot.com
Isn't that doorbell thing above my picture attractive. A man installed that, I am sure. No woman would of put that box thing in the middle of a wall!
Happy New Year Everyone!



http://The Graphics Fairy" height="150"/>

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the shells along side the boat picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice, a beautiful and thought out project. Love the coloring. There perfect right next to the tv too.

    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your instant art project. I just did an instant art project myself using Graphic Fairy's graphics but haven't done my blog post yet. Aren't her graphics fabulous? I hope my family doesn't get tired of graphics popping up all over our home.

    ReplyDelete