Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas to All!

First and foremost....if you are a member of my family....LOOK AWAY! NOW!
Now that that is out of the way...Merry Christmas to All!
I hope each and everyone of you have a peaceful and joyous holiday.
Yesterday I finished up some Christmas gifts for some of my family.

Three blankets all made from fleece. I swear Amanda you had better not be reading this!
Its hard to see in the picture but the big one that is folded is aqua, green and brown. (Its my camera....Santa if you can hear me I would like on of those Nikon big mama jammers with the 15x optical zooms....I have been good)
I appliqued on an "AJ" for my little sis Amanda and her boyfriend James. Its big for snuggling!
The M is for my other little sister (I have 3!) Marissa and its very bright..just like her.
And last but not least....a little one for the Con-man. It says "That's how I roll" on it.
Close up of the A and J. To get the letters I just went on the computer and printed out the font in 450 or 400 size...I can't remember. Then I ironed on the sticky stuff the the fabric, cut out the shape and ironed on the applique to the fleece. Easy peasy.
I don't like the messiness of the ties on the fleece so sewed it like a big pillow case, flipped it right side out and sewed again around the edges to finish them off.

And of course as soon as I put the blankets up here to take a picture my cat had to jump up and get in on the action! He is such a ham.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
http://The Girl Creative" />


4 comments:

  1. Your cat has that "uh oh! i've just been caught" look on his face. lol Thanks for linking up. Great blankets.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric and a fantastic use for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Favorite Sister AmandaJanuary 7, 2011 at 4:48 AM

    I never read this until now, haha. I love my blanket! Tell Soccerball he should have not sat on it though. I wonder if that's why Bailey kept smelling it when I brought it home...

    ReplyDelete